Subject: Re: Slow LW 4.0/4.1 for Amiga
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 03:25:02 -0500

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Stephen Bowie wrote:

> This would be acceptable IF NewTek was to say that as soon as a suitable 
> 040/060 compiler for the Amiga appears, 4.0 will be recompiled and made 
> available at a very reasonable cost.

Perhaps you could tell us all when such a compiler will be available?  
IF such a compiler becomes available, should Allen and Stuart spend 
who knows how long re-writing the code (if necessary) so that it compiles 
properly for a computer that has an unsure (at best) future?

I would love to see a new version of LightWave for the Amiga that has all 
the great new features and runs faster than previous versions, but that's 
just not a realistic expectation when you consider how badly damaged the 
Amiga market is right now.  If you must blame someone for this situation, 
consider pointing a finger or two at Commdore, or more specifically, 
Mehdi Ali & Irving Gould.  (Gee, whatever happened to these guys??)

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner